Mid-Peninsula Area 1% Listing Services*
How we market your home? Below is a partial list of the skills and services our team brings to every listing:
- Preparing/Staging Your Home – To command a premium price, you must first prepare your home to be in top condition prior to placing it on the market. Most of us don’t live in our homes in a manner that best showcases it to potential buyers. Our in-house home staging expert will give you specific guidance on how to best prepare your home for sale so it will appeal to the greatest number of buyers, thus creating the most value for your home.
- Custom Web Site – After you sign-on with us, we will create a custom web site with your property address as the domain name (i.e. www.123Maple.com). On your site we will place photos and descriptions of each room of the home, a virtual tour, comprehensive property details, seller disclosures, inspection reports as well as links to other useful information. This effectively creates an open house 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your home’s web site and property information will be pushed out to all of the major real estate sites including; Zillow, Trulia, Movoto, Redfin, Realtor.com, MLSListings.com, Craigslist.com and hundreds more to get the most exposure possible.
- Multiple Listing Service – We will submit the details of your property to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). Information on your home will be disseminated to thousands of web sites worldwide, available to agents and buyers 24 hours per day.
- Zillow Priority Placement – Being a Zillow Premiere Broker we provide priority placement of your listing on the largest real estate web site in the world.
- Custom Property Brochure – Our in-house graphic designer will create a beautiful custom color brochure of your home which will emphasize all of its best amenities. Our goal is to have your home generate a memorable impression so after the buyer visits multiple homes they remember yours!
- Brochure Box & Yard Sign – A brochure box on the signpost in front of your home allows the drive-by buyer to obtain some preliminary information. If they have further interest, the brochure directs them to the property web site.
- Professional Home Staging – Staging is the art of preparing the interior of a home for sale. Staging can be as simple as rearranging your existing furniture or as involved as removing all of your furniture and replacing it with “staged” furniture. The cost of staging varies proportionately with the size of the home and the level of staging provided. Another option is to pay for a stagger to consult on an hourly basis to guide the seller in making the most of their current furniture and decorations.
- Lockbox – The electronic keysafe lockbox provides state of the art security for your home while ensuring it is accessible for agents to show their clients. Statistically, you will get 40% more showings by using a lockbox. And 70% of all buyers who ever see your home will do so within the first two weeks. These facts show just how important lockboxes are to sell your home.
- Broker Tour/Open House – Menlo Atherton Realty will hold a weekday open house for all agents and brokers to tour your home. The more exposure we have early on, the faster your property will sell and at a higher price.
- Weekend Open Houses – We will hold open houses both Saturday and Sunday for the first two weekends. After that we transition to Sunday only open houses.
- Status Reports – We will speak with you regularly, giving you a status report including any changes in market conditions, new properties listed or sold in your neighborhood, financing updates and trends in the real estate industry.
- Aggressive Yet Tactful Negotiations and People skills – At the end of the day, Real Estate is a people business. It’s our belief if a listing agent is lacking tact, diplomacy and interpersonal skills it can adversely impact the selling process.
- Know as much as possible about your property – Most likely, Todd will be the first contact the buyer or buyer’s agent has with your property. It is his job to create a verbal portrait of your property. To accomplish this, he must find out everything about your property and convey this to the buyer through email and in person.
- Be Highly Critical of Your Property – If Todd encounters something the buyer wouldn’t like, he’ll bring it to your attention. While he has no desire to offend you, there is a responsibility to inform you about anything which could make your property less desirable to buyers.
- Disclose, Disclose, Disclose – California law and Menlo Atherton Realty demand that buyers be given all the facts up front. If a buyer walks away, it shouldn’t be to find an attorney. A lack of inspection reports or disclosure documentation also raise red flags with buyers and their agents, which can ultimately lead to a lower sales price.
As you can see when you hire Menlo Atherton Realty to sell your home you are paying less but not getting less. Have questions or need additional information regarding our listing services? Please feel free to call us anytime. If it is important to you it is important to us.
* Subject to minimums – call for details.